Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a brand new year.

Last year was one of the best years of my life. I am kind of sad to see it go but definitely excited about the coming year. I usually break New Years Resolutions, so I'm hesistant to make any. However I do want to stay active, get healthy, feel comfortable in a bathing suit this summer (if that's even possible!), and maintain a 3.5 GPA. Maybe if I don't refer to them as resolutions, they will come true. So we'll call those my short term goals.
On another note, we took down the Christmas tree today. My house has officially been "undecorated." This makes me a little sad,it's my favorite time of year afterall. It's only 313 days until I can decorate again :) yes that would mean I put my tree up on veterans day. A month just isn't long enough to celebrate Christmas. I like to decorate early. I am already thinking about next Christmas, and getting a REAL tree. I think we should have one upstairs (Ryan's artificial heartfelt, meaningfully decorated tree) and downstairs in the kitchen will be my pretty tree.
This past Christmas was pretty amazing. Ryan and I flew out to California to spend it with his family. I discovered I don't like flying, Ryan's mom makes the best potato salad I've ever had, I learned how to make tamales, and realized we will have really well-behaved children or they won't be able to sit down. I'm not sure how we'll top it next year but we'll see :)
I am really looking forward to the future and spending the next year with Ryan .

No comments:

Post a Comment