Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another appliance bites the dust.

Is it possible to steam clean your carpets too often?? I do it once a week, usually Saturdays but I was off today and bored. I loaded it up like I was preparing for a battle, against my carpets. So I turned it on and let it warm up a few minutes. I pulled the trigger, releasing the soap and it made this loud purring sound, only a lot less pleasant and much louder than a cat's purr. It also wasn't actually cleaning anything.
My conclusion is this: Another appliance bites the dust. I've averaged about one a month so far this deployment, so it's only fitting something else would go down for the count as we're about to start a new month.
The OCD in me feels very sad that I won't be able to clean my carpets every week anymore :( I am slightly obsessed with the smell of it being very fresh and clean.
I haven't told Ryan yet. He'll probably just laugh. I'm not good at stuff. I break things, I'm clumsy, and stuff falls apart when I touch it.
We're not even at the halfway mark yet so I'm wondering how many more things will break before he comes home! As long as I don't burn the house down, it'll be ok.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you steam clean your carpets that often. I love a fresh steam cleaned carpet but even if I owned a steam cleaner I probably wouldn't do it more than once a month. I want one, but not bad enough to have to figure out a place to store it, and only the upstairs is carpeted at my house, or I probably would have one by now. Maybe it will heal itself after a rest!

    ReplyDelete