Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deep dish cookie pie

I have been on a major sweet kick lately, so I was super excited to discover chocolate covered Katie, a blog about making healthy treats taste naughty.

You'll need:

2 cans white beans or garbanzo drained and rinsed ( I used garbanzo)

1 C quick oats

1/4 C unsweetened apple sauce

3 T canola oil

1/2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 C brown sugar ( I didn't have brown sugar so I used regular sugar and added a tablespoon of molasses)

1C chocolate chips



Blend everything but the chocolate in a food processor. Stir in chips, and pour into well oiled pan. I used a 10 inch spring form pan typically used for cheesecakes. The recipe calls for baking at 350 for 35 minutes, but I ended up leaving it in closer to an hour, and it's still a little gooey.



I know when I first read it, I thought beans...gross! But I swear you can't even tell. This is a must try! You won't be sorry. I don't joke about chocolate.

So stop drooling over my picture and start baking!















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment