Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Warning: This post is sappy.

I went to the FRG meeting tonight. For those of you non military, FRG stands for family readiness group. They're pretty much the go between for the families and the ship. I haven't been to many of the events they plan, mostly because they're geared more towards people with kids. Oh and most of the girls are snotty and full of drama.
I did however go to the meeting tonight, because the captain calls into the meetings with updates and this was the homecoming meeting. That's right I said homecoming. It's kind of crazy to think back to the beginning of this deployment and when I thought about X months, I put a smile on my face while my heart was breaking and I was really pondering how on earth I'd make it this long.
Now thinking we have X amount of time left, I can't believe it's almost here and I'm so proud of myself for not falling apart. (the house on the other hand is another story)
I've tried not to be one of those boyfriend obsessed girls. I really have. But as the end is in sight,it's hard to think about anything else. How am I supposed to focus when the other half of my heart is on the other side of the world?
With each day that draws us closer, my heart feels more heavy. I swear it's going to burst by the time he comes home.
So as I crawl into bed, I remember we may not be under the same roof but we're always under the same stars.

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment