Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tastebuds

Have you ever wondered where you get your specific tastes from? I wouldn't consider myself a picky eater. I like most things, but there are definitely foods that I do NOT like.
Since meeting Ryan I have tried more new foods than I ever have.

Today, when making myself a hot dog ( ok I was pretending it was a hot dog, but really it was a turkey sausage in disguise with about a 1/4 of the calories) I was trying to decide what to put on it. I have a hard time eating meat without some kind of sauce or dressing.
If you had asked me 2 years ago what I like on my hot dog, I would have answered mayo and ketchup.
What did I put on my hot dog today? As I opened my refrigerator, there it was...my taste buds were already salivating at the sight.
Relish. In my pre-Ryan days, I was disgusted at the sight of relish. And sauerkraut. They have such a distinctly sharp almost spicy taste. Now I can't get enough of either. Weird??!?! Is it true you adapt to people you live with? Ryan loves food. All of it. He eats everything from hot dogs smothered in sauerkraut to foie gras.
He has opened my taste buds to things I never thought I'd like and turned me on to foods I used to hate!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment